Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I like caterpillars

Today, I am pleased to announce that I have a guest blogger!

"Kerm" is 6 years old and likes to "play fun games and jump on the couch." Kerm's favorite subjects in school are science and math. When I interviewed Kerm, this is what he had to say about caterpillars:

I have a caterpillar in my room because I like studying the earth around me and I like studying bugs. I want the caterpillar to change into a butterfly. If it doesn’t, then it will probably turn into a moth. Between those two times [from caterpillar to butterfly or moth], it will turn into a cocoon. If it is a moth, I will let it out late at night. If it is a butterfly, I will let it out in the day. I feed my caterpillar leaves. Last night, I saw it nibbling on one.

If you are studying caterpillars, you might want [to read] these books:

The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by Eric Carle
From Caterpillar to Butterfly, by Deborah Heiligman and Bari Weissman


Photo credit: BurningWell.org

No comments: